Customer Terms and Conditions (SFOA)
Kogan nbn™ is provided by Vodafone Hutchison Australia Pty Ltd (Vodafone) under terms and conditions relating to NBN Services set out in the Vodafone Standard Form of Agreement (SFOA), as varied from time to time. The Fair Use Policy forms part of SFOA. Some changes to the SFOA apply for Kogan nbn™ services as follows:
Kogan Internet Customer Care can be contacted on 1300 010 400
- References to SIM, Prepaid, Mobile services, MyVodafone, Mobile Backup services are not applicable to Kogan nbn™ services.
- Kogan Internet Complaints policy can be found here and Financial Hardship details can be found here.
- References to vodafone.com.au are replaced by koganinternet.com.au
- Billing terms:
- There are no combined bills for Kogan nbn™ accounts with other services
- Bills are issued via email and payable at least 3 Business Days from the date of issue of each bill.
- Kogan nbn™ is available on Direct Debit via credit card only and any credit card changes for Direct Debit are required 1 Business day before payment due date. Payment Processing Fees set out in Section 3 of the SFOA will not apply.
- If we are unable to debit your credit card, a Late Payment Fee of $15 set out in Section 3 of the SFOA may apply and you will be contacted to arrange payment within 5 business days. If payment remains outstanding, your Kogan nbn™ Service will be suspended unless you contact Kogan Internet Customer Care within 30 days to arrange reactivation. A $15 reactivation fee will apply, in addition to all outstanding charges on your account. If you do not contact us within this period your account and service will be terminated.
- Modem: When you sign up to a Kogan nbn™ plan we will not automatically provide you with an Approved Device. You may either elect to purchase the Kogan Internet Modem for an upfront cost or you may elect to supply your own Compatible Modem. A Compatible Modem must comply with the minimum specifications requirements available here. The Kogan Internet Modem is classified as a Compatible Modem.
- If you’re connecting to the nbn™ using FTTB/FTTN/FTTC technologies, then we’ll check your maximum attainable line speed after your service is activated. If the maximum line speed at your address doesn’t support the speed tier of the plan you’ve chosen, we’ll let you know, and give you the option to:
- remain on your current plan with no refund;
- move to a lower speed plan of your choice and receive a refund to reflect the difference between the plan you have paid for and the closest plan your maximum attainable line speed can support (if you are already on the lowest speed plan you do not have this option). No plan change fee will apply if you choose this option; or
- cancel your plan at no cost and receive a refund of the price difference between the plan you have paid for and the closest plan your maximum attainable line speed can support (if you are already on the lowest speed plan, you may exit without cost, and you will receive a full refund of fees paid to date).
Kogan 4G Home Internet is provided by Vodafone Network Pty Ltd (Vodafone) under the Vodafone Standard Form of Agreement (SFOA), as varied from time to time and as amended below for the Kogan 4G Home Internet Service. The Fair Use Policy forms part of SFOA.
Section 1 – Dictionary
• Delete the definition of Approved Device, and replace with the following:
Approved Device: a Mobile Phone, modem or other device on the list of devices published on koganinternet.com.au as approved devices to be used with a Service. We may amend this list by adding or withdrawing devices.
• Delete the definition of Auto Recharge and replace with the following:
Auto Recharge: Your Prepaid Account will be automatically Recharged from a registered credit or debit card. This service is called Auto Recharge or Auto Top-Up.
• Delete the definition of Commitment Period, and replace with the following:
Commitment Period: if applicable, the minimum fixed contract term or commitment period of a Prepaid Plan is set out in its Plan Details. Commitment Period is sometimes referred to as ‘Commitment Term’, ‘Contract Term’, ‘Minimum Contract Term’ or 'Plan Term'.
• Insert the following definition:
Home Internet Service: access to the internet over the Vodafone mobile network.
• Insert the following definition:
Prepaid Service: Any service where You pay in advance for Your use of a Service which operates over Our Mobile Network including a Mobile Service, mobile broadband or Home Internet Service.
• Delete the definition of Service(s) and replace with the following:
Service(s): the Mobile Service and/or the Home Internet Service and/or the NBN Service.
Section 2 – General Terms
• Delete clause 8.5 Special Promotions, and replace with the following:
Special Promotions: We may run special promotions from time to time in connection with the Service under which particular Charges may be waived or reduced from those set out in Section 3 of these Standard Terms or in Your Plan Details. You may be eligible to participate in a special promotion or offer depending on its terms and conditions which You may view at koganinternet.com.au.
• Delete clause 9.
• Delete clause 10.1 Becoming a Prepaid Customer, and replace with the following:
Becoming a Prepaid Customer: Whenever You become a Prepaid Customer by purchasing or being provided with a Prepaid Pack and Kogan 4G Home Internet modem and accessing Our website koganinternet.com.au to register/activate the Service, We will create a personal Prepaid Account for You. If You have more than one Kogan Service, each Service must be connected to a separate account.
• Delete clause 10.3 How do You Recharge Your Prepaid Account, and replace with the following:
How do You Recharge Your Prepaid Account?
(a) You must set up Auto Recharge during the activation process for Your Service.
(b) You may Recharge Your Prepaid Account by:
(i) purchasing and activating the Activation Recharge Voucher We send You with Your initial purchase of the Plan and Kogan 4G Home Internet modem. We will credit Your Prepaid Account with Your Recharge Voucher inclusions on the date You activate the Recharge Voucher;
(ii) registering and saving Your credit or debit card details online for Auto Recharge, so when Your current Recharge expires, Your nominated credit or debit card will be automatically debited on the same Plan and for the same amount as Your most recent Recharge. We will notify You each time before Your nominated credit or debit card is debited. You can opt out of Auto Recharge anytime by simply logging in to Your Home Internet Prepaid Account, and select "Auto Recharge", then remove Your credit or debit card. Alternatively You can call us on 1300 010 400 for help.
(iii) using Your credit or debit card online and Recharging with Your selected Recharge amount from time to time;
(c ) International credit cards not linked with the global Cirrus, Maestro, Visa and American Express networks may not be acceptable.
(d) You can change between these payment methods at the end of each Recharge period. If You are on Auto Recharge You will need to give us a day’s notice so We can apply the change to Your next Recharge.
• Delete clause 10.5 Can You still use the Service when Your Prepaid Account Balance is zero?, and replace with the following:
10.5 Can You still use the Service when Your Prepaid Account Balance is zero?
(a) You may use the Mobile Service to receive calls and to call 000, 112 or Customer Service while You have an active Recharge and for a period of 151 days from the expiry of the Recharge on Your Account.
(b) We may disconnect the Service if You fail to Recharge Your Prepaid Account within 151 days from expiry of Your last Recharge.
• Delete clause 10.6 No bills while You are a Prepaid Customer, and replace with the following:
10.6 Bills while You are a Prepaid Customer
(a) We will send You invoice records of transactions relating to Your Home Internet Service to Your nominated contact email.
(b) You can also obtain transaction records for Your account by logging in at accounts.koganmobile.com.au/ and accessing the ‘Recharge History’ section of Your account. You can also call 1300 010 400 from Your Mobile Phone to check Your Prepaid Account Recharge History at any time.
(c ) If You provide a formal or informal request for Us to provide You with paper usage records and We agree to provide those paper usage records, We may charge You Our reasonable costs to provide such records. We will inform You of the amount of Our reasonable costs and how they have been calculated before We charge You for those costs.
• Delete clause 11.2 Term – when Your agreement starts and ends for Prepaid Customers, and replace with the following:
11.2 Term – when Your agreement starts and ends for Prepaid Customers
(a) If You are a Prepaid Customer, Your agreement starts when You activate Your Prepaid Pack or first use an activated Prepaid Account and ends at the earlier of:
(i) it is terminated by either You or Us in accordance with Your agreement (refer to clause 12 in Part A, Section 2 of these Standard Terms); or
(ii) You do not Recharge within 151 days after You last Recharged Your Prepaid Account and We Disconnect Your Service; or
(iii) The expiry of Your Commitment Period (if applicable) and subsequent termination or disconnection by You.
• Delete clause 11.4 Early Termination Payment for termination during Your Commitment Period.
• Delete clause 12.1 Termination for failure to Recharge a Prepaid Account, and replace with the following:
12.1 Termination for failure to Recharge a Prepaid Account with no Commitment Period
We may terminate Your agreement if You are a Prepaid Customer with no Commitment Period and You fail to Recharge Your Prepaid Account within 151 days after Your last Recharged Your Prepaid Account (only applicable at times that You are a Prepaid Customer).
• Delete clause 12.6 Your right to terminate Your agreement, and replace with the following:
12.6 Your right to terminate Your agreement
You may terminate Your agreement by telling Us at any time that You wish to do so. Termination of Your agreement will become effective:
(iv) immediately upon You notifying Us that You wish to terminate Your agreement; or
(v) 151 days after You ceased Recharging Your Service.
• Delete clause 17 (a) Complaints, and replace with the following:
(a) If You are unhappy about any aspect of the Service, You should contact Us first to resolve the complaint. Our complaint handling policy and contact details can be found at koganinternet.com.au/legal/complaints-handling-process/ You may communicate to Us by contacting Customer Care, by writing to Us, by sending Us a fax or through Our website at koganinternet.com.au. We will investigate Your complaint in accordance with Our complaints policy which can be found on Our website or can be provided to You directly by Customer Care on request.
• Delete clause 21 Coverage and Roaming, and replace with the following:
(a) You agree that You will only be able to use the Home Internet Service in at the approved address You confirmed coverage of when You signed up for Your Service.
(b) You agree that even after confirming coverage at Your address, the Service may not be able to be used in areas where geographical or man-made features interfere with the network. For example, where there are mountains or road cuttings, or in parts of buildings such as lifts and basement car parks.
(c ) We may change the telecommunications network infrastructure constituting the Vodafone Network at any time. If We do so, We may be required to notify You and offer You a right to terminate as set out in clause 2 in Part A, Section 2 of the Standard Terms.
• Delete clause 27 Billing for Mobile Services.
• Delete clause 29 Use of Blackberry® Internet and Blackberry® Enterprise Data Bundle.
• Delete part C – Additional terms applicable to NBN Services